viernes, 8 de febrero de 2008

PEL

PASSPORT

Hi! My name’s Jorge Alvarez
I’m twenty years old and I’m a student.
I live in Mexico City.
I have short straight dark hair and dark brown eyes. I’m quite tall and slim.
I love to train my pets and I can paint ceramic very well.



LANGUAGE DIARY

WEEK 1
In this week the teachers made your presentations in front of the class overcoat Brenda. She takes some photographs of your city, also I saw your house and your school.
I like the forest and lakes of Maine. Maine is really wonderful with defferent colours in the trees during the autumn and snowy days on winter.
I’m going to fly to Maine soon.


WEEK 2

In this week, I learned how and when use modals of obligation (Need to, Have to, Should, Shouldn’t, must and mustn’t), also I can talk about of making suggestions and methods of selling how Advertising media, Personal selling, Sales promotions, Public relations, Direct marketing and Sponsorships, additionally, I learned new words and a different vocabulary (consumer, customer, direct mail, discount, Flyer, Marketing, Sales, Sales Pitch, sales Representative, Special Offer and Sponsor).

WEEK 3
In this week,I only have 3 classes, in these days, I studied about how make suggestions because we did speaking exam with a partner, also I worked in the book to see the vocabulary that is difficult for me.

SPEAKING EVALUATION


We need to decide how to increase sales this month. Any ideas?TANIA: What about offering some discounts?IVONNE: That’s a good idea but our prices are already cheaper than our competitors.TANIA: So why not send some advertising to customers? We could tell them about our prices.ME: I like that. I think we also need to use Internet and email more.IVONNE: What do you mean?TANIA: Well, perhaps we could email some of our old customers and update the website?IVONNE: That’s true. Our website is the same as it was six months ago.ME: OK. I’ll deal with that.IVONNE: What about inviting someone from the local newspaper to visit the factory and show them our new range?ME: Brilliant! But I think we should invite all the newspapers.IVONNE: I’m not sure about that. Do you think they would come?TANIA: We could at least try and see what happens.

WEEK 4
We started with unit 10, in this unit I learned the use of Present Perfect also I studied some synonyms of increase (put up, raise, rise and rocket) and decrease (cut, drop, fall, lower, reduce and push down) also I can described different graphs (speaking evaluation) used phrases like increased from, fell to a low point in, remained steady at, reached a peak of, fluctuated between_____and 40 for example.
In the unit 11, the more difficult for my in this moment is the passive voice, I don’t understood very well but with more exercise and practice, I can understood.

SPEAKING OF THE GRAPH

Toni is a music student who gives piano lesson al €20 per hour, this graph show the money he made last week, as you can see, the price reached a peak of €40 on Tuesday but has fallen on Wednesday at €20 but on Thursday the cost reached a peak of €60 and has dropped at €20 on Friday an the cost has cut on Saturday in this period


4 comentarios:

Brenda LoPotro dijo...

hi Jorge,
Here are come changes for you:

a student
ceramics
have got - omit got
make - made
What do you mean by overcoat?
different
Maine
She took

Please review possessive adjectives:
mi - my
tu - your
su - your (only when it refers to usted)
su - her (when it refers to "she")
su - his (when it refers to "he")
su - their (when it refers to "their")

Brenda LoPotro dijo...

hi Jorge,
Here are some changes for you:

a student
ceramics
have got - omit got
make - made
What do you mean by overcoat?
different
Maine
She took

Please review possessive adjectives:
mi - my
tu - your
su - your (only when it refers to usted)
su - her (when it refers to "she")
su - his (when it refers to "he")
su - their (when it refers to "their")

14 de febrero de 2008 6:20

Brenda LoPotro dijo...

Hi Jorge,
Please remember to copy the passport page of your PEL onto your blog.
Brenda

Brenda LoPotro dijo...

In this week ---1 only have 3 ---2, in ---3 days, I studied about ----4 of make suggestions because we did --- 5exam with a partner, also I worked in the book ----6 the vocabulary that is difficult for ---7.
1 You need to state a subject here.
2 classes
3 these
4 how
5 speaking
6 to see
7 me